Monday, June 25, 2007

Crashing While You Smile

Yesterday, we embarked on a series of shuttle rides in Downieville, CA. It has been some time (five + years?) since I've done the popular trails up there, so the experience was fresh for me. I wanted to refresh memory of the trails before the race. See our rides in Google Earth.

First run involved Sunrise > Butcher Ranch > Second Divide > First Divide. This was fun, but I took a nice endo when I wasn't paying attention the first time I tried the big rock outcropping on Butcher (I had success the second try). It was one of those surprise endos when you don't expect it and go down fast. The result was sizable bruise on my forearm :-(

Second run was Sunrise > Pauley Creek > Third Divide. Again, I took a stupid, very painful spill on Sunrise that left me cursing at myself. I managed to gouge my shin and slam my hip into the ground :-( Regardless, I tried to shake off the negative thoughts and keep focusing on having fun. We loved the Pauley Creek trail. Like everyone else who rides 3rd Divide, we believe we both set world speed records on this section of singletrack (actually, I hit 36MPH).

We ended up back home at 10PM very sore and tired. I spent Sunday nursing my wounds and puttering around the house, which is all I was good for after my crashes.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see on google earth your trip, cute blog!

The Sports Satirist said...

I think Google Earth is amazing. It really helps people find places.

http://wwwfunnyman.blogspot.com/

Keith said...

36 mph is pretty fast. Sounds like you had a sweet, rough and rugged ride! Great blog.

gwadzilla said...

I am jealous

always wanted to ride there

Anonymous said...

i want Google bike shorts - i don't see any in the Google store - any suggestions?

Michael Mascott said...

a Googler and i are riding the transrockies 2008 race. any of you guys doing the race?

Marilyn said...

Keep up the good work. Merry Christmas!

vikassinghania said...

At CreditCards.com we continuously monitor the credit card market in order to bring you the best credit cards, reviews and credit card offers available online. Credit Card offers are displayed side by side so you can easily compare key factors such as interest rates, annual fees as well as other key features.
------------------
DX

-----------------------
Best credit card deals-Best credit card deals

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

positive affirmation said...

Its so stunning blog.., great topic.

Reptile Blog said...

Reptile blog

Reptile supplies said...

reptile supplies

Bearded dragon food said...

Bearded dragon foods and feeding

Suomi said...

You completed some nice points there. I did a search on the topic and found mainly people will consent with your blog.

Anonymous said...

直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室,直播視頻聊天室